Bring the power of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to your Windows apps with the new ComponentOne SSRS Viewer™ for WinRT XAML. This control (now in Beta) is an easy way to embed SSRS reports directly into your apps.
Key Features of SSRS Viewer
- Connect to and view reports from SSRS
- Navigate and zoom pages in the report by mouse or touch-friendly gestures
- Built-in parameter handling allows users to customize existing reports on the fly
- Handles drill-down subreports
- Export and save reports locally as Adobe PDF (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc), Microsoft Excel (.xls), Web archive (.mhtml), CSV (.csv), Tiff Image (.tiff), Bmp image (.bmp), Enhanced Metafile (.emf), and Gif image (.gif).
- Print reports with support for custom page settings and paginated print preview
- View all report pages as easy-to-access page thumbnails
- Get up and running quickly with built-in command buttons, or start from scratch and build your own custom UI
Designed with Touch in Mind
The SSRS Viewer has been developed with tablet users and touch as the primary form of input in mind. Tablet users have a variety of intuitive ways to navigate pages in the report: by swiping left and right, by semantic zoom or by tapping navigation buttons. In addition to page zooming, semantic zoom allows users to zoom out to see all pages as thumbnails for quick navigation. Users on the desktop will still find the control just as functional even for zooming.
Get Started using SSRS Viewer
It's very easy to get up and running with SSRS Viewer if you already have your reporting server configured. Download Studio for WinRT 2014 v3 or later to get the controls installed to your toolbox.
- Add the C1SSRSViewer control to your page.
Specify the ReportServer and ReportPath properties.
<c1:C1SsrsViewer x:Name="ssrsViewer" ReportServer = "http://YourServer/ReportServer" ReportPath = "DataBase/ReportName" />
Specify the user credentials in code.
ssrsViewer.Credential = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("UserName", "UserPassword");
For more information on enabling printing and page settings, check out the online documentation and Beta samples included with the Studio for WinRT download.