Export to PDF or PDF/A format from FlexReport requires either a bit of code, or specifying a few settings in a dialog box. PDF/A format is especially useful for large reports that you might want to send to coworkers as a digital file, instead of printing and distributing it. To export a report to PDF using the C1FlexReport object:
Export to PDF in Visual Basic
'create report object Dim C1FlexReport1 As New C1FlexReport() 'Load a report C1FlexReport1.Load("..\\..\\Report\\Report.flxr", "Products Report") C1FlexReport1.Render() 'Create PdfFilter object Dim filter As New C1.Win.FlexReport.PdfFilter() filter.ShowOptions = False 'Give file name and path where exported file will be saved filter.FileName = "Products Report" + "..\\..\\ProductsReport.pdf" 'The report is exported as ProductsReport.pdf in bin\\debug folder 'Export C1FlexReport1.RenderToFilter(filter)
Export to PDF in C
//create report object C1FlexReport c1FlexReport1 = new C1FlexReport(); //Load a report c1FlexReport1.Load(@"..\\..\\Report\\Report.flxr", "Products Report"); c1FlexReport1.Render(); //Create PdfFilter object C1.Win.FlexReport.PdfFilter filter = new C1.Win.FlexReport.PdfFilter(); filter.ShowOptions = false; //Give file name and path where exported file will be saved filter.FileName = "Products Report" + @"..\\..\\ProductsReport.pdf"; //The report is exported as ProductsReport.pdf in bin\\debug folder //Export c1FlexReport1.RenderToFilter(filter);
Export to PDF/A from the FlexReportDesigner
- Run the C1FlexReportDesigner application.
- Open your report.
- Click File|Export, or click Preview.
- From the Export group, select PDF/A from the PDF icon's dropdown. The Export Report to File dialog box opens.
- Specify your file name, and the type of file you want to save. PDF/A is selected by default.
- Click Save. The Save as PDF dialog box opens.
- Use the dialog box to set general document settings, security options, and apply or remove restrictions to your file.
- Click OK. Your exported PDF/A file opens in your PDF viewer.