As a community of developers, we value your input. In order to create the most comprehensive developer controls, we need your feedback. If you are programming in Java, working with Excel documents, and looking for an Excel API, we have good news! GrapeCity is launching Documents for Excel (GcExcel) - Java CTP. We are seeking beta testers for our new Excel API.
GrapeCity Documents for Excel - Java
With an Excel library in Java, GcExcel is a high-speed, feature-rich Excel document API based on VSTO. We recently released GcExcel for .NET in April, 2018. We are now releasing our first library for the Java enterprise market.
The library is fast, efficient, and light weight. GcExcel for Java includes all of the features that are supported in its .NET version. This allows developers to fulfill complex use cases, while working with Excel documents in Java applications.
Note: PDF export is not included in GcExcel Java beta version. It will be included in the public version that will be released late September/early October.
- API is based on Excel's document object model. This allows you to import, calculate, query, generate, and export any spreadsheet scenario. With the VSTO-style API, you can create custom styles using the same elements as VS Tools for Office.
- Generate, load, edit, analyse, convert, and save Excel spreadsheets in Java applications with full support on Windows, MAC, and Linux.
- Generate and work with spreadsheets with a fast performance and small footprint.
- Format your content, add conditional formatting, tables, formulas, filers, sorting, sparklines, charts, shapes, pictures, comments, pivot tables, themes, workbook, and worksheets.
- GcExcel can also import and export Excel template files on the server-side.
Be a GrapeCity Beta Tester!
If you would like to beta test for Grapecity, please email us -- firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your confirmation, we’ll send you the Reviewer's Guide that contains the download link for the package and samples, a detailed product feature list, and a getting started tutorial.