What's New in Wijmo Enterprise
Produce an Excel-like experience in your web app with FlexSheet, a new control allowing users to import spreadsheets, apply formulas, and export data to Excel. Released as a sample in July 2015, FlexSheet is now a fully-supported control for Wijmo, with complete API documentation. We also added a significant number of spreadsheet features since the beta release in July.
Use our official Excel (wijmo.xslx) Module to import and export Excel documents. We included extensions for FlexGrid and FlexSheet that offer seamless integration with the Excel module. The exported grids include features like formatting and even grouping. The Excel module does all exporting/importing on the client, and doesn’t require any server-side installation.
Add technical indicators to your FinancialChart applications.
We added support for Average True Range, Relative Strength Index, Commodity Channel Index, Williams %R, MACD/MACD Histogram and Stochastic Oscillator indicators. A technical indicator is a set of derived data that is calculated by applying one or more formulas to the original set of data. Generally, they're used to forecast the asset's market direction and are usually plotted separately from the original data since the Y-axis scales differ.
Add analytical overlays to your FinancialCharts.
We added Bollinger Bands & Moving Average Envelopes overlays to FinancialChart. Overlays, like technical indicators, are a set of derived data that is calculated by applying one or more formulas to the original set of data. Generally, they're used to forecast an asset's market direction and are generally plotted with the original data set since the Y-axis scales are the same.
We now support 42 unique culture in Wijmo Globalization. All of Wijmo’s controls honor these cultures and become localized just by including the culture of your choice. Globalize also supports formatting of date quarters with the 'q' or 'Q' format specifier.
Animation features for our chart controls continue to be a most requested feature. For this release, we created samples, including chart extensions, that provide comprehensive chart animation. Our chart animations are optimized for the different chart types. They also feature different modes that allow you to animate by series or by single data point. Animation is easy to use with optimized defaults, but we also offer the ability to configure and customize it including duration, easing direction, and more. This sample and extension include source code and are in beta. We would like feedback before making them official in our future releases.
FlexChart already includes great touch support, but we wanted to extend it with some custom scenarios. The FlexChartZoom sample includes a chart extension that offers zooming and panning using touch gestures. With this extension, you can pinch to zoom in on charts and drag to pan. Optionally, you can choose to limit the zoom and pan to a single axis. This feature is also useful on desktops and is enabled by using the mouse events. This behavior is very specific and not everyone wants it, which is why we are shipping it as a sample and extension. We would like feedback on this extension before we make it official in our future releases.
FlexChart Aggregate Series (Sample)
When working with Date objects, you might need to aggregate or group data by day, months, etc. The AggregateSeries PureJS sample uses a custom series to simplify grouping and data aggregation when using Date objects.
FlexGrid PDF Export (Sample)
- Added wijmo.xlsx module that provides client-side functionality for exporting and importing to/from Excel xlsx file. The ExcelImportExport sample is updated with examples demonstrating its usage.
- Added wijmo.grid.xlsx module, which is an extension to the wijmo.xlsx module, that provides client-side functionality for exporting and importing FlexGrid to/from Excel xlsx file. The ExcelImportExport sample is updated to use this module.
- Added wijmo.grid.sheet module, which is an extension to the wijmo.grid and wijmo.grid.xlsx modules. It implements the FlexSheet control that provides an Excel-like functionality. The ExcelBook sample is updated to use this module.
- New FinancialChart overlays: Bollinger Bands & Moving Average Envelopes.
- New FinancialChart indicators: Average True Range, Relative Strength Index, Commodity Channel Index, Williams %R, MACD/MACD Histogram, Stochastic Oscillator.
- New Fibonacci Extensions for FinancialChart: Fans, Arcs, Time zones.
- Added AngularJS PdfExport sample that implements client-side export of a FlexGrid control to PDF format.
- Added AngularJS FlexChartAnimation sample. The sample shows chart animation when loading and updating chart data.
- Added AngularJS FlexChartZoom sample. The sample demonstrates chart interaction using touch gestures or mouse.
- Added PureJS AggregateSeries sample for FlexChart. The sample shows data aggregation based on selected data range.
- New RangeSelector.seamless property allows seamless transition between selector handles.
- New appearance of RangeSelector handles simplifies dragging at smaller ranges.
- Improved wijmo.grid.filter.FlexGridFilter to allow filtering with merged headers.
- Improved auto-generated column headers. (we now capitalize first letter, break up camel-case binding strings, so the header for a column bound to the 'productName' property becomes 'Product Name' be default).
- Optimized wijmo.closest method to use 'matches' method instead of 'querySelectorAll'.
- Improved InputNumber control behavior on mobile devices.
- Added a FlexGrid.stickyHeaders property that keeps column header cells in view even when the top of the grid scrolls off view.
- Improved CollectionView change tracking to ignore items that are added and subsequently removed in the same session.
- Improved Globalize to support formatting of date quarters with the 'q' or 'Q' format specifiers (e.g. format(someDate, 'yyyy "Q"q') => '2014 Q4').
Get Started with Wijmo Enterprise
To get started with Wijmo Enterprise, download the evaluation. The evaluation includes everything you need to get started, including samples, js files, css files, and even Visual Studio project templates.