2018 was another great year for Wijmo (more details below) and I'm excited to share our plans for 2019. In addition to continuing to work with you to improve Wijmo and add the features you want, we'll continue to keep pace with industry changes in frameworks and technologies.
In 2019, we’re focusing on:
- Continuing to work with customers to improve Wijmo and add new features
- Totally rethinking our onboarding experience. We want Wijmo to be easy, fast, and fun to learn. This includes a wide range or work, but some specifics like:
- Completely rebuilt documentation system with better content and features
- Reinventing our sample system so that all of our samples are easier to find, navigate and play with
- Investing in the FlexGrid and family. We want our FlexGrid to continue to be the absolute best in its class. We will be improving performance and adding Sparklines and ToolPanels.
- Expanding OLAP by adding a GroupBar and Layout Options
- Enhance FlexChart by adding a Map control and dynamic hover effects
- Based on the industry trends, investing in React and Vue framework support, samples and blogs
- Exploring new mobile trends, components and tools
Looking back at our 2018 roadmap, you can see that we delivered everything that we promised. Let's recap some of 2018's highlights:
- Made Wijmo more versatile by publishing to NPM and adding support for ES6, ESModules and WebComponents.
- Released significant new features like Gantt chart, ActiveReports Viewer, XMLA support in OLAP
- Released a new TabPanel control with a Ribbon sample
- Made Wijmo even easier to use with both a web-based designer and VSCode designer for Angular
- Moved all of our styling and theming to Sass
- Improved our PDF export with Web Workers
- Explored Wijmo in Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
Most of what we focused on in 2018 (as always) was based on you, our customers. Our roadmap is always customer-driven, and 2019 will be no different. We spend a lot of our time working with our customers to understand their use cases and needs. Many of our customers request controls or features directly. We work with them to create requirements, build a prototype, and get feedback before releasing publicly.
As always, we'll keep you posted as the year progresses!
Try Wijmo's controls Download the latest version of Wijmo
Try Wijmo's controls
Download the latest version of WijmoDownload Now!