Effortless Selection of Multiple Items
MultiSelect provides an effortless approach when selecting multiple items from a WinForms list. Text input with autocomplete and a drop-down of options simplify the option-picking process for end-users.
Flexible, Smart Header Gives You Options
MultiSelect has a smart header that can display items as separate tags, plain text, or summarize the count when there are too many items selected.
A WinForms Tag Editor for Editing Labels
MultiSelect controls provide WinForms tag editing and label editing functionality. A bound data source is not required
Format the Header
The MultiSelect control has a customizable header that can display selected items either as text or as tags.
- Specify the separator character and enable wrapping
- Configure the header to summarize the selected items once they go beyond a specified limit
- Set the format string to show the item count
- Specify placeholder text for when nothing is selected
Edit Mode with Autocomplete
MultiSelect supports text input, allowing the user to quickly and easily edit a list of labels or tags.
- Use the C1MultiSelect control for tag editing with a drop-down list
- Use the C1TagEditor control just to get the text box element
- Tags can be further edited by double-clicking, or quickly deleted by clicking the X
- Both support autocomplete and autosuggestion settings
Multiple Data Bindings
MultiSelect can be bound to two different data sources.
- The DataSource is used to fill the list of all available items that are shown in the drop-down checklist
- The TagsDataSource can be used to propagate end-user selection to some other data source, probably with different data structures than the DataSource
- You can access selected items from the control to be used as a data source for any other control.
Extended Selection Modes
MultiSelect allows you to select specific items (or all items) from a defined list. Control the selection mode (single, multiple, extended), to define how items in the list can be selected. Optionally, show or hide the checkboxes.
The C1MultiSelect control uses a separate C1CheckList component to display in the drop-down. Use this component separately to provide a checklist for a multiple item selection without the header or drop-down components. The C1CheckList enables you to highlight your selection as a checklist or as a simple list of items.