Replicate the Windows 8 modern UI experience in your desktop app
The Windows 8-inspired ComponentOne TileControl™ for WinForms makes it easy to replicate the Windows 8 Modern UI experience in your desktop app. Using the TileControl, you can create automatic or manual tile layouts with touch and keyboard navigation support.
Custom Tile Layout
Choose from the following layout features when using the TileControl:
- Automatic or manual layout of the tiles in groups
- Any tile size, including — but not limited to — large and small sizes
- Use docked and stacked panels, nested panels, text elements, and images: the interior layout of the tile templates is very flexible
- Save the layout to an XML file and load it from an XML file at any time
The TileControl is extremely customizable.
A few ways to easily cofigure the display include:
- Choose from two display orientations: Tile groups can be stacked vertically or horizontally.
- Add user images: The background image of the control can be scrolled with tiles, as on the Windows 8 Start Screen.
- Display symbols: A set of standard symbols of various sizes can be displayed on tiles. It's easy to display the "badge number" or "5-star" rating image as a part of the template. These elements can be bound to an integer value specified in a property of the tile.
You don't need to design each tile separately. Instead, you can create one or several tile templates, then associate these templates with tiles. Tiles can provide data — like strings, colors, and images — for templates. You can associate one template with several tiles and switch templates for a single tile.
The TileControl supports panning, tapping, and checking tiles with a swipe gesture using the touch input hardware on a machine with Windows 7 or Windows 8. When users press and hold a tile with their fingertip, the tile shows its tooltip.
Keyboard Navigation Support
At run time, users can easily navigate between tiles using the keyboard.
- * Available only in ComponentOne Studio Enterprise and Ultimate
- Input Controls
- Button, Modal Button, SplitButton
- Database Navigator
- DropDowns, ComboBoxes, & MultiSelect
- Label and PictureBox
- TextBox & Masked Input
- Reporting & Documents
- C1Word Library
- FlexReport Designer**
- PDF DocumentSource
- ** Source code available only in ComponentOne Studio and Ultimate