Display hierarchical data
Display indexed entries, directories on a disk, headings in a document, and more with TreeView for WinForms. The TreeView control manages data through nodes that can be selected, edited, and used to display simple text, images, and other elements like checkboxes. With TreeView, you can access collection editors right from the design form using Smart tag and context menus. You can use the collection editors to add or remove nodes and columns without writing code.
Node Customization & Editing
- The TreeView node can be a simple text item or a combination of text and icons.
- Enable checkbox selection of TreeView items.
- Edit a node by setting the AllowEditing property to True then pressing F2 on your keyboard after selecting the node.
- Cancel edits by pressing the Escape key.
- Enhance TreeView's presentation with the ThemeController.
- Integrates with the C1 Expression Editor control
Navigation and Selection
- TreeView supports both keyboard and mouse navigation.
- Select a single node or multiple nodes.
- Select multiple nodes in a contiguous or a non-contiguous manner.
- Select nodes at both design time and run time.
Bound and Unbound Modes
- Bind TreeView for WinForms to multiple tables with hierarchical relations to display hierarchical data.
- Bind the control to a self-referencing data — like a single list — instead of multiple related lists.
- Manually create a tree of nodes at both design time and run time to represent any data in a hierarchical form.
Expand and Collapse Nodes
- Expand a single node or all nodes in the tree.
- Expand the entire tree in one go using the ExpandAll method at the TreeView level.
- Prevent end users from collapsing the expanded tree by cancelling the BeforeCollapse event.
- Input Controls
- Button, Modal Button, SplitButton
- Database Navigator
- DropDowns, ComboBoxes, & MultiSelect
- Label and PictureBox
- TextBox & Masked Input
- Reporting & Documents
- C1Word Library
- FlexReport Designer**
- PDF DocumentSource
- ** Source code available only in ComponentOne Studio and Ultimate