Page and RDL Reports
You can create a page-level summary by using an expression that summarizes the textbox in the ReportItems collection.
For example, to render the total value of the TextBox6 report item in a List control or a Table data region, follow the steps below for each type of report.
- Place a TextBox report item on the page outside of the Table or List data region.
- Set the Value property of the TextBox to this expression:
- From the Report menu, add a Page Header or Page Footer section.
- Place a TextBox report item in the Page Header or Page Footer.
- Set the Value property of the textbox to this expression:
Note: With the Sum function, you add group summaries by specifying the scope (the name of the group) as the second argument. However, if you reference the ReportItems collection (rather than the Fields collection), it summarizes the total value for the control on the current page, regardless of any scope you specify.
For more about functions, see Common Functions in our User Guide.
In Section reports, you use the SummaryType property of the TextBox control to create a page-level summary. For example, to render the total value of txtScoreOff1, follow the steps below.
- From the Fields, Bound node in the Report Explorer, drag the ScoreOff field and drop it in the PageFooter section of the report. (Or drag a TextBox control into the PageFooter section and set its DataField property to ScoreOff.)
- Set its SummaryType property to PageTotal, leaving the other Summary* properties with their default settings.
For more about summarizing data in Section reports, see Three Ways to Use Summaries in Section Reports.