2017 was a great year for Wijmo (more details below) and I'm excited to share our plans for 2018. In addition to continuing to work with you to improve Wijmo and add the features you want, we'll continue to keep apace with industry changes in frameworks and technologies.
In 2018, we’re focusing on:
- Continuing to work with customers to improve Wijmo and add the features you want.
- Making Wijmo more versatile by publishing to NPM and adding support for ES6, ESModules and WebComponents.
- Release significant new features like Gantt chart, ActiveReports Viewer, XMLA support in OLAP
- Make Wijmo even easier to use with a web-based designer.
Sneak Peek of the Wijmo Web-Based Designer
Take a look at the Wijmo Designer that we are planning to ship in 2018. With the designer, you'll be able to set options and event handlers without writing code.
Looking back at our 2017 roadmap, you can see that we delivered everything that we promised. Let's recap some of 2017's highlights:
- Accessibility Improvements
- Angular 5 Support
- IntelliSense for Wijmo’s Angular Components in VSCode
- Major FlexGrid Performance Improvements
- Undo/Redo Class for Applications
- Introduced the Best DataGrid for React
- New TreeMap Control
- New TreeView Control
- LearnWijmo Released
Most of what we focused on in 2017 (as always) was based on you, our customers. Our roadmap is always customer-driven, and 2018 will be no different. We spend a lot of our time working with our customers to understand their use cases and needs. Many of our customers request controls or features directly. We work with them to create requirements, build a prototype, and get feedback before releasing publicly.
As always, we'll keep you posted as the year progresses!