Update May 11, 2016: This talk was given at the DFW Coders conference in March 2016, using Angular 2 alpha concepts. For a more updated talk on migration, using Angular 2 beta concepts, please see the webinar.
As of March 16, all of Wijmo's controls fully support Angular 2, and to help you take advantage of Angular 2's benefits, we put together a webcast that demonstrates how to migrate an application from Angular 1.x to Angular 2. This is a continuation of our Silverlight to Angular 1.x migration story.
Great intro to Angular 2. Great speaker.
Wijmo has seen great success from the AngularJS Framework, so naturally we were very excited when they announced Angular 2. We've been developing controls in Angular 1 for quite some time now, and migrating our controls was a pretty straightforward process. During the talk, we'll share some tips and tricks, as well as concepts that we learned along the way when migrating from Angular 1 to Angular 2.
Contents of Webcast
- Introduction to TypeScript and Angular 2.0 beta
- Breakdown of the eight building blocks of Angular 2
- Walk through the process of converting a Microsoft MVVM-featured application (the Microsoft DataServices QuickStart sample) from Angular 1.x to Angular 2.0, including:
- Demonstrate the component and companion template role syntax using plain HTML and Wijmo controls (including Angular 2 FlexGrid and Input controls)
- Demo of the final app
- Highlight features of Visual Studio to make your development life easier
- Additional tips and tricks to enhance your experience
I encourage you to follow along with the slide deck.
This webcast was recorded live at DFW Front End developers meet-up in the Dallas area in March 2016. Thank you to everyone that came out for the event. I had a great time, and you were a great audience.