New major feature: Shapes
The biggest news from SpreadJS 12 is the arrival of shapes. Draw shapes, create interactions, and change them with data—it's up you.
- Create a visual, interactive floor plan that allows users to see who sits at a desk, or add information about amenities
- Create a production floor plan for a manufacturing facility, and highlight areas experiencing slowdowns or problems
- Create an interactive, touch-based map of a car so users can highlight damage for insurance claims
- Create Gantt charts and org charts
Shapes, like those in the car example, can be free-form, and 60+ built-in shapes are also included in the feature. Built-in shapes include everything from basic rectangles to arrows, balloons, and action buttons:
You can also add action items to your shapes, including:
- Rotate shape
- Adjust to change shape layout
- Connect two shapes' connection points with a line
- Resize the handle of the shape
- Include text with the shape
- Customize the shape's border
Include different formatting in a single cell with rich text formatting
With rich text formatting, users can now add bold, italics, font, and all basic formatting to a single cell! It's a popular request from customers and a valuable feature for new users.
The Spread Web Designer will also include a rich text editor.
SpreadJS column, bar, line, and pie chart now include seamless loading and updating animation.
New Charts: Radar, Sunburst, and Treemap Charts
These new charts (also available in Excel) have full Designer support.
A sunburst chart visualizes hierarchical data from a root node (center) outward to lower hierarchies. A segment of the inner circle is a parent to the segments of the outer circle which lie within the angular sweep of the parent. Try the Demo | Documentation
Excel-like Precision Selection
Excel's new feature allows users to select a large range, and then deselect specific cells. SpreadJS has added this as a feature. Here's how it looks in Excel:
Barcode sparklines are implemented as a rendered formula, and can be used in order forms, for tracking purposes, and as website links (QR Codes).
For a detailed listing of fixed issues, please see the Release Notes for each platform.