Posted 3 August 2017, 3:54 pm ESTI am trying to save and load a layout using the web version of Data Dynamics. I have found options that will do this, but they need set paths. There is also something that tries to get a documents folder on the user's machine, but that does not work. I need the user to be able to select a path and then have it save the file there. Better yet, I would like to save these to the SQL server. I found a lot on doing that with reports, but nothing on the data dynamics analysis tool. Any ideas?
Saving DataDynamics Layouts
Posted by: sgv2000 on 3 August 2017, 3:54 pm EST
Replied 3 August 2017, 3:54 pm ESTsgv2000,
You can save the layout by calling the Write method of the PivotView. The saved layout can then be loaded by using the Read method of the pivot view. You can find more information on the Read and Write methods in the help documentation at this and this link.
Please note that you can change schema file path only if data source is not connected. If you would like to move the schema file then you can follow these steps:
1) Save layout without data source to temporary file or to buffer in memory.
3) Move schema file. Change data source settings.
4) Reconnect data source using new schema file path.
5) Load layout, saved in point 1.
6) Save layout with data source. This layout will contain data source settings with new location of the schema file.