Visual Studio 2010 - ASP .NET 2.0

Posted by: chubert on 3 August 2017, 3:59 pm EST

• Posted 3 August 2017, 3:59 pm EST

I'm trying to compile a website that was using the ASP .NET 2.0 Framework in Visual Studio 2005. Now I'm using Visual Studio 2010, but still have to use the 2.0 Framework. Whenever I try to add a reference for GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web (v2.0.50727), I get this error:

'GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web.dll', or one of it dependencies, requires a later version of the .NET Framework than the one specified in the project. You can change the .NET Framework target by clicking Properties on the Project menu and then selecting a new target in the '.NET Framework' dropdown box. (In Visual Basic, this is located on the Compile tab by click the "Advanced Compiler Options..." button.)

Do you still want to add a reference to 'GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web.dll' in the project?

Do I have to upgrade the web site to 4.0, or is there any way I can use ActiveAnalysis with the 2.0 Framework in VS2010?
  • Replied 3 August 2017, 3:59 pm EST

chubert,

I would like to tell you that in order to use ActiveAnalysis you will need to have .NET Framework 3.5 or higher. Therefore you are getting the mentioned error message. Please check this link for more information on the Software and Hardware requirements for ActiveAnalysis.

Regards,
    Sankalp
  • Replied 3 August 2017, 3:59 pm EST

ok, thanks for the quick response!
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels