Query issue with DDR 1.6.2260.3

Posted by: htian on 3 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

• Posted 3 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

Hi, when I use 1.6.2260.3, I encountered a big issue that a very simple SQL statement failed in the DataSet-Query form, see attached picture. I captured the SQL statements it actually executed are below:

declare @p1 int
    set @p1=0
    declare @p3 int
    set @p3=557064
    declare @p4 int
    set @p4=98305
    declare @p5 int
    set @p5=0
    exec sp_cursoropen @p1 output,N'SELECT * FROM Computer',@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output
    select @p1, @p3, @p4, @p5

I think something maybe wrong there.

Thanks,
    Tian Hu (Howard)

• Replied 3 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

Hi Manpreet,

It just occurs in the version 1.6.2260.3. Older version is good. The Computer table is existing, the SQL statement is also validated.

Thanks,
    Tian Hu (Howard)

Hello,

I was not able to replicate the issue at my end and it would be difficult to get to the cause of the issue without replicating it at my end. I would request you to provide me some sample data and report depicting your issue so that I can replicate the issue at my end and debug it further.

Thanks,
    Manpreet Kaur

Hello,

The issue seems to be with the name of the table that you are specifying, the query is not able to find the same in the data source binded to the report. I would request you to make sure that there exists a table with the name Computer in the data source binded to the report. Please also make sure that the data source is binded correctly with the reports. I would also like to know if you are facing this issue specifically with this version or with any older version too.

Please provide me with some more information so that I can replicate the issue at my end and debug it further.

Thanks,
    Manpreet Kaur

Hi,
    I found it can be replicated by creating a report within a master report, and the master report has a shared data source using oledb to connect MS SQL Server, then in the query form, any SQL statement occurs error.
    Thanks,
    Tian Hu (Howard)

hitan,

Thank you for your observations ,we will check the same get back to regarding this soon.

Best Regards,
    Abhishek

Hello,

I was still not able to replicate the issue at my end. Here are the steps that I followed:

1. Created a new master report.

2. Add a new datasource connecting to an sql server using oledb , the provider I used was SQLOLEDB.1.

3. Converted the datasource to a shared datasource by saving the connection string to a .rdsx file. Finally saved this master report with a shared datasource.

4. Created a new report and set its master report to the master report created and saved in the above steps.

5. After setting the master report the shared datasource gets added to the new report, I added a dataset to the same specifying a simple query, and all the fields got added to the dataset without any exceptions.

Please have a look at the following steps and let me know if I missed something that would help me to replicate the issue at my end.

Thanks,
    Manpreet Kaur
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels