AR 8.2.492.0 - PageReport table pagination issues

Posted by: darren.knowles on 12 December 2018, 7:09 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 12 December 2018, 7:09 am EST - Updated 30 September 2022, 8:54 am EST

Hi,

We’re using the Active Reports 8 Designer to create an account statement. It includes a header with TextBoxes and then a Container. The container has a standard Table control within it.

The number of items displayed within the Table can vary dependent on the DataSource. We’ve found that for statements with fewer than 10 items the Details section of the Table renders the report on one page, as expected.

However, more than 10 rows a page break is inserted, rendering the entire table on the next page. Please see attached images.

The behaviour we are after is for the table to output as many rows as it can on the first page and then break into as many further pages as necessary. After the last row of the table, we want to display the Total and other TextBoxes within the template.

Attached is an RDLX with the report template.

Is the pagination we are after not default behaviour?

If not, should we be using SectionReport instead?

ReportTemplate.zip

• Posted 12 December 2018, 4:49 pm EST - Updated 30 September 2022, 8:54 am EST

Hello,

I am unable to reproduce the error with my DB. Could you please attached your sample DB, so that I can replicate the issue at my end. Also, Could you please check with the latest build also.

Thanks.

• Posted 14 December 2018, 2:25 am EST

Hi mohitg,

I’ve created a basic example project using the RDLX files.

https://ufile.io/gk2uh

The project will write out the PDF to \StatementTest\bin\Debug\Documents\PDF\PDF_XX.pdf

If you alter the number of OrganisationStatement.StatementItem items created (lines 72 - 104) in the main Program.cs you will see that this causes the table rendering behaviour to change.

Please let me know how we can achieve continuous rendering of table rows across multiple pages, whilst repeating the table headers on each page and preventing a page break on the first page.

All the best.

• Posted 18 December 2018, 6:25 am EST

Thanks for the sample project. The first blank page might be because the Table tries to render all rows on a single page. We fixed the extra spacing at the beginning and also moved the Textboxes in the TableFooter but this moved the blank page at the end. There were issues related to blank pages in version 8 which were fixed in later versions.

Moreover to overcome the issue of blank spaces in the report a property called ‘ConsumeWhiteSpace’ was introduced in one of the later versions. I checked your sample with the latest version i.e ActiveReports 12 and on setting the property ConsumeWhiteSpace to true, all worked perfectly.

I have attached the modified sample and the exported pdf for your reference. The Pdf is in the same output location. I would recommend you upgrade to version 12 to benefit from all the new features, bug fixes and enhancements since version 8.

StatementTest_Modified.zip

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels