Active Reports 2.0 WON'T Register

Posted by: dave-myers on 4 August 2017, 3:23 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:23 pm EST

We acquired a VisualBasic 6 application which uses Active Reports 2.0. I can rebuild the VB 6 application without a problem. However, when I run the VB application and view a report, it gives me a header and footer on the report stating:

"Copyright 1998-2007 Data Dynamics. This is an evaluation copy. Visit www.datadynamics.com for more information. For support during evaluation please send email to activereports.support@datadynamics.com"

I've tried to register the software using the license .exe an NOTHING works. I keep getting this nag screen. We have SEVERAL hundred customer that are waiting for a new release of our product and it's all being held up by THIS. To say that we are frustrated by this problem is an understatement.

What do we do???

Dave
  • Replied 4 August 2017, 3:23 pm EST

Dave,

To license ActiveReports 2.o for VB6 on a machine, you need to run the licensed installer, which prompts you to enter your license credentials during the installation process.

I would request you to kindly send an E-Mail to supportone@componentone.com with your ActiveReports 2.0 serial key, so that I can send you the correct installer.

Regards,
    Sankalp
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels