Active Reports 2.0 WON'T Register

Posted by: dave-myers on 4 August 2017, 3:23 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:23 pm EST

We acquired a VisualBasic 6 application which uses Active Reports 2.0. I can rebuild the VB 6 application without a problem. However, when I run the VB application and view a report, it gives me a header and footer on the report stating:

"Copyright 1998-2007 Data Dynamics. This is an evaluation copy. Visit for more information. For support during evaluation please send email to"

I've tried to register the software using the license .exe an NOTHING works. I keep getting this nag screen. We have SEVERAL hundred customer that are waiting for a new release of our product and it's all being held up by THIS. To say that we are frustrated by this problem is an understatement.

What do we do???

• Replied 4 August 2017, 3:23 pm EST

To license ActiveReports 2.o for VB6 on a machine, you need to run the licensed installer, which prompts you to enter your license credentials during the installation process.

I would request you to kindly send an E-Mail to with your ActiveReports 2.0 serial key, so that I can send you the correct installer.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels