ActiveReports v2.5.0.1314 cutting last line(s) of subreports

Posted by: jeromeatchison on 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm EST

In preview all appears normal.  However, when we print to an HP 4250n using PCL5, on a subreport that has a about 20 lines of text, the last line of characters are getting clipped horizontally from the bottom.  As the number of lines increases, the clipping progressively erases more of the last line.  After about 60-70 lines of text, it begins clipping the second to last line.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerome.

• Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm EST

Thank you for your post. I would like to confirm the following details so that we could isolate the issue better.

1) Do you have the said subreport such that it is rendered at the bottom of a page?

2) Do you experience similar clipping when the report is viewed in the viewer?

Try setting the rendermode property to 1 and check if it helps.

Code:-

Me.Printer.Rendermode=1

Regards,

Prantik

Using the exact same code base for our application, I rolled back to the 2.0.0.1214 version on my development box and the issue has gone away.   So this is something that appears with the new version of ActiveReports.

Since it only demonstrates on the actual printed report, and not in the preview, I will scan a sample and post the images tomorrow.

It appears that the font is exactly the same height, but the line spacing between the the text is about 1/2 point taller (my eyes hurt).

This is a critical issue for us, as we rolled out the new version of your product to all of sites, and we provide critical care in hospitals, and the doctors are missing their notes!  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerome.

RenderMode did not fix the issue.  I am trying the things you sent in an email.  I am going to stop posting here until we find the solution, which I will then post for the benefit of others.

Hello Jerome,

I would like to inform that rendermode is a hidden property in ActiveReports. You need to write the following code in the report code to access it.

Me.Printer.RenderMode = 1

Regards,

Prantik

PrantikS,

I will admint that I am new using ActiveReports.  I am unable to find the Printer.RenderMode property for any object that we are currently using.  Could you provide a hint where to look?

Thanks,

Jerome

>> 1) Do you have the said subreport such that it is rendered at the bottom of a page?   Sometimes.

>> 2) Do you experience similar clipping when the report is viewed in the viewer?   No, only when it is acutally printed.  We have tried about 8 different printers and printer drivers (both windows and vendor versions) and the problem is consistant across all.

We were not explcity setting the RenderMode property, so we apparently are using the default value.  I will try the rendermode property.

In the mean time I have replied via email to Case #127129 with a Zip file containing 2 example reports demonstrating the issue.

Jerome.

Hello Jerome,

We have sent you an email.

Let us know if you require further assistance/clarifications.

Best Regards,

Amit

I have had this in the past too but through fiddling with page heights the problem was fixed.

Martin,

Please download the latest build 2.5.0.1319 from DataDynamics-> Samples folder of our FTP server.

URL: https://grapecity.sharefile.com

Username: dduser@grapecity.us.com

Password: dduser

File:-ARCOM1319.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance from our side.

Regards,

Prantik

We are having the exact same problem - is there a new release due soon.  Is there an interim hotfix available at the moment?
    Martin

This problem is fixed in the next release of ActiveReports 2.  I am anxouisly awaiting the next version 2.5.0.1316 or greater.  Please let us know when the next release is available.

Also, if you need a "real-world" beta test site, or 300 sites, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jerome.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels