Error -2147467259 Method '~' of object '~' failed

Posted by: brightapp on 4 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

Our application has been running for a couple of years and one of our customers is experiencing something really weird: When trying to print any report the application fires a run-time error: Error -2147467259 (8000400)  Method '~' of object '~' failed.
    It is the first time this error comes and it is only happening on one computer (XP-Pro x86 SP3). I have not been able to duplicate the problem but I was able to track it down to Active Report dll. The runtime error is fired when setting Printer.DeviceCopies = 1. Once I commented that line, the report was displayed fine. But, still there are other instances when printing different reports fires same error and I have not been able to track them. But something is definitely wrong. The application is using Active Reports 2.5.0.1309. Any idea at what may I look at? Thanks for any provided help.
  • Replied 4 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

Hello,

Is this an ASP page in which you are using the reports.You may take a look at this article to track the error and its cause. Secondly, you are using a very old build of the product.So,I will recommend you to upgrade to the latest one from this link.

Regards,
    Prantik
  • Replied 4 August 2017, 3:20 pm EST

Prantik, thanks for your reply. The application is a desktop application and I already found the cause of the problem: the customer had the PC, where the app is installed, connected to a network printer, then later, it was removed, then connected again, and finally user password,  not sure if the PC where the app is installed or the one which shares the printer, was changed. Any way, I found out that the default printer was the network one. Once I changed the default printer to a local one, the problem disappeared. If I try to print to the network printer (without having it as the default one) from the application, application crashes again. I hope this may help somebody else, as it took us days to find it out.
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels