ERROR 5000 cp 25

Posted by: ricwha on 4 August 2017, 3:01 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:01 pm EST

One of our customers site has number of users getting the ERROR 5000: Error in process report [CP Internal = 25 error]. I have read the knowledge based article but it is not very helpful. We are using ADO as our db interface and it works just fine, it is ONLY the active report that fails and only under one circumstance. Every combination of reports work except when a user defined parameter must be entered-something like this ? '%>'. We know this works ok because we have tested it and the customer having the issue notes it fails on just some of his PCs while reports not using the optional parameter option will run on the problem unit. In addition the popup box asking the user to make an entry never shows.

We need some help/direction in what to look at.

• Replied 4 August 2017, 3:01 pm EST

Sorry but when I posted the RPX file was not accepted so you did not get it. Note this report is being developed by the report designer and is part of a product placed in the users hands. I cannot find the property setting report.Printer.DeviceName = "" and report.ShowMessages = False. Also we are using the most current release of AR. This does not guarantee are users are always at the current level, however.

Hello ,

What build of Active Reports do you use?

If you use Active Reports with ASP, please, make sure that you have set the following properties for each report:

report.Printer.DeviceName = ""

report.ShowParameterUI = False

report.ShowMessages = False

Sergey Romanov.

This is running as a vb6 application. ASP is not part of the equation. Also if I set the UI to false then how does the user enter the paramters that is required? This is the key item that seem to be when AR will or will not run on the specific machine.

I have attached a copy of the rpx file if that is of any value--BTW this does run on all of our test and qc units.

Hello ,

Here are the samples of code:

1) Private Sub ActiveReport_ReportStart()
        Me.Printer.DeviceName = ""
    End Sub

2) Sub Main()
        Dim ar As New ActiveReport1
        ar.Printer.DeviceName = ""
        ar.Run
    End Sub

Note: You can post attachment in Zip file.

Sergey Romanov.

Are these vb scripts you published? Can't I just set these programaticallly when I invoke running the report?

I attached a zip copy of the RPX file, but like I said it works in most cases--maybe you can tell me were to insert that code.

But even so you said this applies if running through ASP which we are not. This is a visual basic application. As best I can tell those are the dafaults. Is this the only answer you have on this? If these settings were in fact defaulting to something else why would it NEVER work on some machines and ALWAYS work on the one it does not have a problem on when everything else appears identicale? Why is it a problem only when the parameter option is used???????
    2007/01/MonKEswithGrandTotal.zip

The following code will work in report's script:

Sub OnReportStart

on error resume next

rpt.txtRptDate.Text = FormatDateTime(Date, vbLongDate)

rpt.Printer.DeviceName = ""

End Sub

The problem may occur if part of machines don't have all needed Active Reports components registred.

You can check it via installation of Active Reports 2.0 on machine.

Also, it would be helpful if you send me a full error message(e.g. screenshot).

Sergey Romanov.

I am checking on the component issue. The rpx file is one we built. In order for someone to run using an rpx file do the designer runtime dlls need to be distribute in addition to the standard AR runtime dlls?

I'll insert the code in the rpx file and see if it fails in the same way. If so I'll send you a screen shot.
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels