Error 5000 on Windows 7

Posted by: cchall99 on 4 August 2017, 6:22 am EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 6:22 am EST

Has anyone been able to resolve the error 5000 on Windows 7 computers?  We have old custom software with Active Reports on VB6.  We have no way of modifying the code.  It’s been running perfectly on Windows XP for years.  The reports won’t run on Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit.  The error is:

Error 5000 : Error in processing report.
     [ Extended Info:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified]

All of the Active Reports files are copied/registered properly like on the XP computers.  I have already searched here and found nothing that helped.  It is not a permissions issue since I have admin access to everything, and they won’t run when I’m logged in as me or anyone else.  Thanks for any assistance.

• Posted 4 August 2017, 6:22 am EST

Hello,

As I understand, this error has more to do with the connection string of the DataControl you have placed in the report than ActiveReports itself. Make sure that the DSN to which the DataControl is supposed to connect exists in this new machine. You may take a look at this and this  articles to troubleshoot the exact cause of the problem.

Regards,

Prantik

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels