Error 5800 : Scripting Error.

Posted by: jesus-manuel on 4 August 2017, 2:44 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 2:44 pm EST

I print my report first one Ok. Then, I print other report, and when print the first report for second time, gives me the next error message:

Error 5800 : Scripting Error. 
     [ Extended Info:Scripting Error.   [ Extended Info:Section : Detail , Event : OnBeforePrint , Line number: 19  Description:Invalid Controls Collection Index.Control name not found or index out of range]]

Why???
  • Replied 4 August 2017, 2:44 pm EST

Wazaa meño!

well, this problem seems to raise because its something wrong with your script code, in fact, the problem comes from line 19.

Thats maybe because you are making a wrong reference to a control.

remember tha you should the references inside de report like this way:

rpt.Sections('Detail').Controls('Field1').Text = 'something'

If you can post your script will help so much

jluis

Hello J LUIS

Thanks for your answer. The problem sige, sides is not problem of the SCRIPT since the report I once print it without problems. My program allows several styles of impression for a same screen. When change of impression style is when it appears east problem. I already say to you is very peculiar because the first time works well, change of impression style and it already fails.

Gracias por tu respuesta. El problema sige, veras no es un problema del SCRIPT ya que el informe lo imprimo sin problemas una vez. Mi programa permite varios estilos de impresión para una misma pantalla. Cuando cambio de estilo de impresión es cuando aparece este problema. Ya te digo es muy curioso porque la primera vez funciona bien, cambio de estilo de impresión y ya falla.

Thank you again.

Thank you for your help, JLuis.

As JLuis requested, please post your script code so that we can see what might be occurring.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels