Posted 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTWe are having an issue with AR 2.0 for VB Classic where the export to a PDF is blank in Adobe Acrobat. It shows the correct number of pages, but both pages are blank. The PDF file opens fine with FoxIt, but we cannot require the use of an alternative PDF viewer. Any suggestions on why the PDF would be blank? It's definately related to the information shown in the report. If we change the output in various ways and then export it will show up
Exported PDF Files are blank
Posted by: bmuellercinci on 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm EST
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTHello,
Could you please let us know:-
1) The version of Adobe Acrobat Reader where this error is reflected?
2) The build of ActiveReports 2.0(COM/VB 6.0) that you are using?
3) If you are using any uncommon fonts?
If it is possible, please send us the RPX of the report so that we can investigate properly.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm EST1. In acrobat 7 professional it does not report an error, it simply shows blank pages. In acrobat 9 we get an error 14, it appears that the PDF is corrupt.
2. We are using AR 2.0 Standard SP 1283 - we have also tested in our development environment with SP 1309 with no change.
3. We are not using any uncommon fonts. To be clear depending on the data that is printed on the report it will either show blank or it will be fine. I have checked the data and its simple text.
4. I don't know what an RPX file is or how to create one. We have the reports built into our software (DSR/DSX files) and the resulting report it generated in the ARView20 component. The export is handled from the internal PDF export functionality.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTI will email the PDF to you directly - I cannot send a simple version of the software that will reproduce the error because we dont know the specifics that cause the error and the version of the software that does show the error along with the data is several hundred megabytes.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTThanks.
I will wait for your mail.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTAmit - I am currently waiting on you to email me with your email address or a place to send the PDF file. I cannot attach the document to the forum due to a somewhat sensitive nature and I cannot send it to you through the email link because it does not allow attachments.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTYou may send an email to email@example.com along with attachments so that we can check this issue further at our end.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTFile has been emailed.
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTIn the first post, you mentioned that the PDF is showing blank pages with ‘Adobe Acrobat’ however working fine with FoxIt. Can you please provide us a copy of the PDF along with a small sample in VB6 through which you have generated that PDF?
You may also try to upgrade to the latest version 18.104.22.1689. You may download it from here: