Posted 4 August 2017, 2:55 pm EST
My VB6.0 app has just started crashing each time I hit the "Run" button. I can open the IDE without a problem. It's an existing live app that has been working without problems. All I have been doing before that was make a few changes to some reports (using Active Reports 2.0). I had finished making those changes, and was testing them by stepping through code. I got a funny message (which I didn't understand, and can't remember). I responded by closing down the IDE. When I opened it again and tried to run it, that's when it started terminating.
I've managed to identify Active Reports as the source of my problem. I compared the project references between my project and other projects and realised that the only thing different was the reference to Active Reports Components. Here's what I went on to do:
(1) I uninstalled Active Reports
(2) I then opened my project and tried to compile it. This time the IDE didn't terminate. I got some compile errors (which I was expecting). This was good news, at least.
(3) I re-installed Active Reports
(4) I opened the project, and tried to compile it. This time the IDE crashed.
(5) I opend the project again, clicked the Projects menu, and selected the option "Add Data Dynamics ActiveReports 2.0"). I then got the Error message attached
(6) When I clicked OK, the IDE crashed.
I have no idea how to resolve this. Please help.