IIS6/64Bit Install Question

Posted by: michaeld on 4 August 2017, 3:11 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:11 pm EST

I've been tasked with migrating our IIS 5 hosted sites to a new IIS 6 environment and have been able to get all sites migrated and functioning except for one which makes use of ActiveReports 2.0.  What I've read while skimming and searching this forum is that it should work, but the ASP form that requests the report only returns the following error.

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/cses/boundreport.asp, line 28

800401f3

The line of code mentioned is below.

set oTry = server.CreateObject("asrActiveReportPFC.Export")

I have installed the latest release of ActiveReports 2 and created the web extension pointed at the webcache.dll.  The new server is running  Server 2003 Enterprise 64bit with IIS6 running in 32bit mode.  Any suggestions?

• Replied 4 August 2017, 3:11 pm EST

Hello ,

It looks like IUSR_MachineName user account does not have needed access rights for the folder with asp page

and(or) folder with your dll.

Thanks,

Sergey Romanov.

Have not yet tried granting full access; though the only thing doing so would add is the ability for IUSR to change permissions/ownership.

I got an email from the site owner with info from when the site was first setup and it had some useful information concerning an ODBC connection that needed to be created that hadn't been documented and registering a file called asrActiveReportPFC.dll.  After getting those two items taken care of the site is returning a different error message.

asrActiveReportPFC error '800a01b6'

Object doesn't support this property or method

/cses/boundreport.asp, line 67

Here is line 67

vbyt = .ExportBoundPDF

Hello ,

Active Reports 2.0 does not have any method or property with ExportBoundPDF name.

I think the problem is somewhere in the code of asrActiveReportPFC.

However, make sure that all other Active Reports dll-s were registered on the server.

Thanks,

Sergey Romanov.

Checked that the DLLs were registered, but still having that error.  I am going to restart the server Saturday morning during our maintenance period to see if that fixes the issue.

The restart of the server did not resolve the issue.  Is there some prebuilt test sites that can be used to determine if it is a problem with the install of the product or with the department's site?  The department has little/no experience with the product as they contracted out the development of the site originally and the developer is no longer in business, so they've not been able to help troubleshoot.

Hello ,

I recommend you to create a simple project for tests, e.g. the project could create the report and export it to the pdf file.

Also, you can find a sample of report server here:

http://www.datadynamics.com/Help/AR2Std/HX_ASP_and_ActiveReports.html

Thanks,

Sergey Romanov.

The IUSR account has read access to both the folder with the site content, and the folder with the webcache.dll file.  I tested out granting modify access to both folders and had the same errors.

Did you try to grant a full access for IUSR just for tests?

Thanks,

Sergey Romanov.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels