Posted 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTWe are using active reports version Professional Edition Build: 220.127.116.114 within a Citrix environment. All reports print correctly, but we are experiencing an issue with a specific printer type which is HP 4200. When using this printer, printing is very slow; the time between user clicks on print button and the first page is printed out is about 1 minute of waiting. Are you aware of a problem like this and do you have a recommendation or a solution to fix or work around this issue.
Printing is slow on HP 4200 + Citrix, about 1 minute
Posted by: inexcon on 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm EST
Replied 4 August 2017, 3:14 pm ESTHello,
Delay in printing might be caused if there are no installed drivers on the machine or user account does not have needed access rights.
In order to analyze the issue that you have reported in a better way, please provide us with the following information:
1) Are the printer driver's up-to -date?
2) Do you get similar results when you set the printer name via code?
3) Do you observe similar latency when you export the report to an rtf or pdf file using the ActiveReports Export filter and then print the same with the HP 4200 printer?
4) Do you observe similar latency when you connect this printer locally?
5) What happens if you print directly with a normal VB 6.0 application? You may find attached a simple VB6 application to print directly through VB6.
6) What happens if you set the PrinterName property to an empty string?