Run-time Error '-2147024770 (8007007e)': Automation Error The Specified module could not be found.

Posted by: dhirendra on 4 August 2017, 3:18 pm EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 3:18 pm EST

Hi,

I am using Active Report 2.0 for my reporting with Visual Basic 6.0. The application was running fine previously but now it is giving the error while showing/loading the active report.

I am using the application on Citrix Presentation Server. The application run fine in the Windows Server 2003 and when we access the same application via Citrix Presentation Server, it gives following error:

Run-time Error '-2147024770 (8007007e)':

Automation error
    The specified module could not be found.

Can you pls suggest what is wrong with the Active Reports while using it via Citrix Presentation Server.

You help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dhirendra

• Replied 4 August 2017, 3:18 pm EST

Hello,

Thank you for your query. Let me investigate further on this. I will update you soon.

Regards,
    Prantik

Hi Prantik,

Thanks for you reply,

I am awaiting for your kind response further.

Dhirendra

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. From the error message it seems that the application is unable to find the required dlls. You may try re-registering them or setting proper permissions for them. Moreover, this issue may not be specific to ActiveReports. Please take a look at this and this articles.    

Regards,
    Prantik

Hi,

Thank again for your prompt reply.

By the way I am getting the error on the below statement

rptActiveReports.xSQL = "select * from tblperson"

In above statement the xSQL is a public string variable in my report which I am assigning here with query "select * from tblperson"

Can you pls also let me know which dll , ocx or runtimes should I see/register for active reports on the Citrix Server Presentation Server. Also for your information as I said in my previous post that the report is working fine on my windows server 2003 which is a base citrix  presentation server.

Pls reply.

Thanks in advance,
    Dhirendra

Hello,

I am not very sure of the dlls required by your project. However please take a look at this link which has a list of the ActiveReports dlls and their functionalities.

Regards,
    Prantik
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels