Xuni 2016 v3 installation failure

Posted by: u2194739 on 8 August 2017, 10:40 am EST

• Posted 8 August 2017, 10:40 am EST

<del datetime="2016-11-24T07:57:32+00:00">Downloaded the app Xuni_2016v3.pkg and attempted to install on a MBP machine running MacOS Sierra with Xcode 8.1 installed.

Under the Setting\Security & Privacy, I can only select "Allow app from APP Store" or "Allow app from App Store and known developer" option (no such option as "Anywhere" that I can find. Current setting has been set to Allow apps from app store and known developer (or, however it's been called).

As soon as I started to install, the installation adv. that the process cannot be completed due to com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1. I reinstalled the app twice without much luck. Anything that I have done wrong?
  • Replied 8 August 2017, 10:40 am EST

Are you still having an issue installing? I'm not able to reproduce this, but generally if an installer shows as unidentified you can follow these steps to install it:

1. Right click on the installer/app
    2. Click Open in the context menu that appears
    3. Another popup should display where you once again should choose Open

I'm also not able to reproduce the error you mentioned. That could be something related to disk permissions, so maybe repairing those will help.
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels