PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA - August 3, 2009 - ComponentOne, the leading component vendor in the Microsoft Visual Studio Industry Partner program, today announced that the following products were honored with Readers’ Choice Awards from Visual Studio Magazine.
- ComponentOne Studio for Mobile, v 2009: Readers’ Choice Award Mobility Tools
- ComponentOne WebParts for SharePoint: Readers’ Choice Award SharePoint Components
- ComponentOne Studio for WinForms, v 2009: Readers’ Choice Merit UI Components -- Desktop
- ComponentOne Chart for ASP.NET, v 2009: Readers’ Choice Merit Charting & Multimedia
- ComponentOne Doc-To-Help Enterprise 2009: Readers’ Choice Merit Help Authoring
- ComponentOne DemoWorks, v 2009: Readers’ Choice Merit Help Authoring
“To be selected more than any other company for our products ranging from IDE components to our Help Authoring tool along with one of our newest products, SharePoint Web Parts is an honorable distinction by the readers of Visual Studio Magazine,” said Gustavo Eydelsteyn, managing director at ComponentOne.
The 2009 winners, which will appear in the August issue, are chosen by Visual Studio Magazine’s readers and honor excellent software in 23 development categories.
Michael Desmond, Visual Studio Magazine editor in chief and editorial director of the developer media group at 1105 Media, said, "When it comes to judging the value and capability of developer tools, you won't find a savvier audience than Visual Studio Magazine readers. These are committed developers -- demanding professionals who work with code every day and have a deep appreciation for the tools they rely on.”
"This isn't a popularity contest," Desmond continued. "A product that earns a VSM Readers' Choice Award has earned the respect and loyalty, over time, of VSM readers, some of the most demanding users on the planet. I commend all the Readers' Choice Award winners. Visual Studio Magazine readers have put your product on top.”
Visual Studio Magazine presented awards in three categories:
- Readers' Choice Awards, given to products that received the most readers' votes in one of 23 total categories
- Readers' Choice Merit Awards, given to products receiving a high number of votes that also show real value to Visual Studio Magazine readers
- Editors' Choice Awards, given to the handful of products that earned strong praise from our select panel of dev experts and were singled out as among the very best products overall by VSM readers.
201 S. Highland Avenue, Third Floor
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15206
412.681.4343 or 1.800.858.2739
ComponentOne is a privately held company headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. As a leading component vendor in the Microsoft Visual Studio Industry Partner program, ComponentOne provides a wide range of Visual Studio components, IDE tools, and Web Parts for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and Windows SharePoint Services. For more information, visit grapecity.com/en/about.
About Visual Studio Magazine
Visual Studio Magazine is the world’s leading independent Microsoft development magazine. It serves the enterprise development reader—software architects, senior developers and development managers. Each issue includes practical, proven, unbiased how-to articles readers can put to use immediately. The monthly publication reaches 85,000 subscribers. For more information, visit http://visualstudiomagazine.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.