Silverlight is a new Web presentation technology that is created to run on a variety of platforms. It enables the creation of rich, visually stunning and interactive experiences that can run everywhere. The paradigm for accessing data, whether residing in a database, or as XML, differs from other platforms in that it is strictly asynchronous. Learn Silverlight development techniques for data access and how ComponentOne Studio for Silverlight makes it even easier.
What we will cover:
- Brief overview of how data access differs between Silverlight 3 and other .NET technologies.
- Discuss current and future data-access techniques available in Silverlight 3 for creating business tiered applications.
- Demonstrate common use scenario of binding Silverlight 3 controls to a database file on the server.
- Demonstrate how Silverlight provides support for management and access of data, be it local data, or data in the cloud.
- Show how to setup and bind ComponentOne Chart for Silverlight to a dataset from a server.
- Show how to bind ComponentOne DataGrid for Silverlight to a dataset from a server.
- Briefly overview benefits of using ComponentOne Data for Silverlight.