Integrated Translation Management with Doc-To-Help and Microsoft SharePoint
It is a little known fact that Microsoft SharePoint includes easy-to-use tools for managing document translation. And it is even less widely known that Doc-To-Help’s integration with SharePoint gives you access to these features and automates processes and tracks changes, taking the pain out of managing a translation project. You can store your content (created in Microsoft Word, Doc-To-Help’s editor, or HTML) in a SharePoint Translation Management Library and use SharePoint’s built-in tools to manage your documents.
When a document is translated, it will automatically synchronize with the appropriate project and all you need to do is generate output. You can track a document's progress and a Doc-To-Help project's progress all from inside the Doc-To-Help interface.
Since SharePoint has free versions (and most companies already have it), you get a low-cost and easy way to manage the translation process.
Who Should Attend:
If any of these apply, this session will be great for you.
- Owners or evaluators of Doc-To-Help
- Technical communicators who need to create Help and/or printed manuals
- Manual authors who would like to use the content online or on screen
- Software developers who need to write documentation
- Users of Help authoring tools who are looking for alternatives