Policies and Procedures: Online and Easy to Use
Many professionals who write and/or manage policy manuals can benefit from sharing the information online in an easily accessible and searchable format. Doc-To-Help is popular among this group because users can take an existing document and convert it to a browser-based "mini-site" that can very easily be deployed on the Intranet. This session uses a Microsoft Word document as the example, but you can also author manuals directly in Doc-To-Help's editor.
We will take a look at a sample manual and take you through the process of setting up, marking up, and customizing the manual document. The end result is a clean, professional, searchable, indexed online format that can be easily viewed and accessed by your employees either locally, or on your company's Intranet.
What We Will Cover:
- Introduction to ComponentOne Doc-To-Help
- How to set up your document
- How to use the Doc-To-Help toolbar in Microsoft Word
- Tour of what your published solution will look like
- Applying conditions to content so that your print outputs will make sense and your web outputs will make sense online
Who Should Attend:
If any of these apply, this session will be great for you.
- People who work in Human Resources, Operations, Administration, and other professional where authoring and managing policy documents is a must
- Trainers and other information developers
- Managers interested in more efficient information distribution and reduced printing costs