Posted 29 October 2021, 2:54 am ESTHi,
I have a report created in SSRS that I have added to ActiveReports Report Designer. In SSRS, some of the field names were separated with a single underscore or double underscores (ie. Lending_Services and Information_Technology___Business_Continuity). I had to re-create the Datasource and the datasets and I did so with the underscores. The Report Designer stripped the single underscores and replaced them with spaces and the double underscores and replaced them "&". I'm going through all the expressions in the report and correcting the fields. I also noticed that GrapeCity references the fields differently than SSRS: =Fields!Eligible_Capital_Abbr.Value vs =Fields.Item("Eligible Captial Abbr").Value. Easy enough to resolve.
The fields I'm struggling with is ones pulling from other datasets. For example, in SSRS the field is set up like =First(Fields!FieldName.Value, "OtherDS"). I tried using =First(Fields.Item("FieldName").Value, "OtherDS") and it did not work. I also tried deleting the expression and going into Fields > DataSets > OtherDS, selecting First(FieldName) and inserting it. It inserted it as =First(Fields!FieldName.Value, "OtherDS") and it still did not work.
I checked the query for OtherDS and "FieldName" has a value in it and confirmed FieldName is correct.