V13.2 Breaks hyperlinks in HTML Export

Posted by: jharrell on 20 November 2019, 12:56 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 20 November 2019, 12:56 am EST

We are are attempting to upgrade v12 to v13. In testing with the latest hotfix v13.2.18593.0 we have found that “jump to url” hyperlinks are double encoded when rendered to html which causes hyperlinks with ampersands (query string parameters) to be broken.

The href out will encode ampersands as & when it should be just &

This is a blocking issue as we have many reports that link to web pages using query string parameters that no longer work.

Looking through your code with a decompiler I can see that you are calling XhtmlTextWriter.HtmlEncode on the url then passing to a XmlTextWriter which also does encoding for the attribute leading to a double encode.

Attached is a sample report with an example export output, it makes a link to Google which should have both the search string and the site limiter but the site limiter does not work because the second query parameter can’t be parsed properly.

The links work fine in the pdf export and in v12 html export.

Test Link Encoding.zip

• Posted 20 November 2019, 1:05 am EST

Note your forum is interpreting the html escape v13 is outputting:

&

when it should be

&

Hopefully this post shows correctly with code tags

Edit, nope the code tags also do decoding, so I cannot represent the problem in the post, but you an see it in the attached sample.

• Posted 20 November 2019, 8:03 pm EST

Hello,

I cannot represent the problem in the post

I could understand the problem you are pointing to.

I could observe the said issue and have reported the same to the concerned team (Internal Tracking ID: 277550). Will get back to you once I receive any information.

Regards,

Esha

• Posted 22 November 2019, 3:50 am EST

Thanks we have reverted back to 12.3 and will not be able to upgrade until this is fixed.

Looking forward to any updates.

• Posted 24 November 2019, 5:34 pm EST

Hello,

The issue is fixed with the following hotfix build:

http://cdn.grapecity.com/ActiveReports/AR13/hotfixes/ActiveReports-v13.2.18668.0.msi

Regards.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels