Posted 28 May 2019, 9:35 pm ESTWe are considering to upgrade to 64bit a legacy MFC application built with Visual C++ 2017 with VSPrinter8 and VSReport8 ActiveX controls, so I was assigned to evaluate the extent of the porting.
I've downloaded latest (20191.1.1) Component One ActiveX Edition. Unfortunately, included VSPrint8.ocx does not seem to work in 64bit build.
I did the following checks:
1) create a simple MFC single dialog application with ActiveX control support in Visual Studio 2017
2) add VSPrinter8 control to the dialog without any further implementation
3) build on x64 platform
4) The application crashes at dialog DoModal() call.
5) Checking the output log (see attached file, line 37) it is confirmed that expected .ocx is loaded (C:\Windows\System32\VSPrint8.ocx)
6) Test application built on x32 platform has no issue.
Also VSRpt8.ocx is present only in SysWOW64 and not in System32
If needed I can provide the Visual Studio test project.
Waiting for your feedback.