AC 14.1.199970 issue with WebViewer

Posted by: sylvain.rochette on 3 May 2020, 11:55 pm EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 3 May 2020, 11:55 pm EST

When I put the WebViewer (in design mode) I see a error message, related to the license

GrapeCity.Licenses.Web.ActiveReportsWebViewerLicenseProvider (14.1.19970.0).

Standard licence cannot use this control?

• Posted 3 May 2020, 11:59 pm EST

Hello,

No, you need to buy a professional license to use the WebViewer.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 3 May 2020, 11:59 pm EST

Hello,

No, you need to buy a professional license to use the WebViewer.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 4 May 2020, 12:15 am EST

I put in the license key 14.1.2017 because 14.1.19970.0 does not exists for GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web.WebViewer

So what I need in the license key?

GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web.WebViewer, GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web, Version=14.1.2017, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc4967777c49a3ff

• Posted 4 May 2020, 12:37 am EST

Ok maybe its not what i need,

I have HTML that I want to put in a page, Right now we are using the RichTextBox but the HTML option from this control is really poor.

Is they are a new way to show HTML (from source) in a PDF generated document?

• Posted 4 May 2020, 6:27 pm EST

Hello,

Could you please try the RDL report which has the FormattedText control to show the HTML content. For more information, please refer to the following link:

https://www.grapecity.com/activereports/docs/v14/online/rdl.html

https://www.grapecity.com/activereports/docs/v14/online/page-report-or-rdl-report-concepts.html

https://www.grapecity.com/activereports/docs/v14/online/formatted-text.html

Also, you can use PDFRE to export the rdl report to PDF. Please refer the following link:

https://www.grapecity.com/activereports/docs/v14/online/rendering-to-pdf.html

If any issue occurs while using it, please let me know.

Thanks,

• Posted 5 May 2020, 2:25 am EST

It need to be a SectionReport because it’s a section used by MANY report.

All the report are .cs type, so I cannot use RDL, can you put this control accessible for CS report…

• Posted 5 May 2020, 5:48 pm EST

Hello,

You can’t use the “FormattedText” control in the SectionReport. Can you share the HTML with us so that we can see the issue at our end and assist you accordingly?

Thanks,

• Posted 5 May 2020, 11:24 pm EST

one simple tag

TEST

does not render the line-through over the text, same with a

TEST

They in both case show the same result. Just the text ignoring the line-through.

When using RichTextBox.Html property.

• Posted 6 May 2020, 6:53 pm EST

Hello,

You can use the following html text to strike the test:

this.RichTextBox2.Html = “TEST”;

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 7 May 2020, 12:41 am EST

I give you an html to test, i dont need it, i know it is not working, (I just put the html that is not working, not the hole html).

So you can test it, its a bug from active report, not from our side…

Why you put this reply anyway? YOU ASKED WHAT WAS WRONG, I GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO TEST IT

IT IS NOT WORKING…

• Posted 8 May 2020, 12:53 am EST

Hello,

Sorry, what I understood, you are facing the issue with strike text, that’s why I gave you that solution. Actually, without Body tag, RichTextBox gives some unexpected results. Hence, you need to enclose your HTML text with the '‘Body’ tag. Could you please check your HTML with Body tag. If still, you are facing the issue, could you please share the whole html so that I can look into the issue and share with the development team.

If you don’t want to share it on the public forum, you can share it by opening case on our private forum(https://supportone.componentone.com/)

You can login to the above site with the forum credential.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 8 May 2020, 1:19 am EST

DOES NOT WORK
  • Posted 8 May 2020, 1:54 am EST

Hello,

This HTML works perfectly fine at my end. Please refer to the attached report and video. Could you please share more detail on this so that I can narrow down the issue.

Thanks,

Mohitvid_HTML.zip

Untitled.zip

• Posted 8 May 2020, 2:11 am EST

Also, refer to the attached code-based report.

SectionReportApplication58.zip

• Posted 8 May 2020, 2:14 am EST

Ok thank you

I find the issue, we having like 2-3 different place where we handle the HTML in a RTB

One just put the HTML direct without the “html/body”

The other place the html and body are present but we are using after the setting of html, SelectionStart/SelectionLength/SelectionFont that are screwing the FONT at the end

So we need to remove this on one place and add the HTML/BODY on the other place…

Sorry!

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels