Active Reports 14.2.2530 exporting to PDF issue in Turkish: Invalid license key

Posted by: martin.larocca on 21 August 2022, 10:44 pm EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 21 August 2022, 10:44 pm EST

When exporting to PDF, whatever report that’s working in other languages, the method is getting me an exception:

[i]GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf.PdfException: Add meta data failed ---> System.Exception: Invalid license key.
       at agj..ctor(String A_0)
       at GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf.GcPdfDocument..ctor(String licenseKey)
       at GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Pdf.Section.PdfExport.AddMeta(Stream input, Stream output,  options, StandardSecurityHandlerRev5 sh)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Pdf.Section.PdfExport.AddMeta(Stream input, Stream output,  options, StandardSecurityHandlerRev5 sh)
       at GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Pdf.Section.PdfExport.Export(SectionDocument document, Stream stream, String pageRange)
       at GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Pdf.Section.PdfExport.Export(SectionDocument document, String filePath, String pageRange)
       at GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Pdf.Section.PdfExport.Export(SectionDocument document, String filePath)
       at LabLink.Business.Report2018.Generate()[/i]

I have another 12 languages and no error is present.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

• Posted 24 August 2022, 1:05 am EST

Hi Martin,

I was unable to replicate this issue at my end. For testing this I created a sample application and attached it along with. The report exported without any error message. Also please note Invalid License Key error usually occurs when their is an issue with licensing your application.

Please make sure you have licensed you application correctly. For your licensing your project please refer to the following pages of our documentation:

https://www.grapecity.com/activereportsnet/docs/versions/v14/online/licensing-a-project.html

If you are using any class library with ActiveReports reference in your project please refer to the following page of our documentation to license your application:

https://www.grapecity.com/activereportsnet/docs/versions/v14/online/licensing-compiled-code.html

If the issue still persists, please let us in your application structure and let us know what edition of ActiveReports 14 are you using? (Standard or Professional). Please also share a runnable sample application replicating this issue or edit the attach sample such that it replicates the error and send it back to us so we can reproduce this error at our end and get back to you accordingly.

Regards,

AkshayPDFExport.zip

• Posted 24 August 2022, 1:55 pm EST

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for the response!. I’m using a web application.

Adding an example in VS 2017. See that the export fails if the thread culture is in “tr-TR”, in other cultures the export works fine.

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("tr-TR");
    			Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo("tr-TR");

SectionReport1 llReport = new SectionReport1();
    			llReport.Run();
    			string reportGuid = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();

// Save output
    			PdfExport pdf = new PdfExport();
    			pdf.Export(llReport.Document, @"c:\reports\" + reportGuid + ".pdf");

Martin

Error.zip

• Posted 24 August 2022, 10:37 pm EST

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the sample code. I was able to replicate this behavior at my end. I have shared this with the development team and will get back to you once I have any information on the same[AR-29265].

• Posted 24 August 2022, 11:52 pm EST

Hi Martin,

Please note ActiveReports 14 is no longer under maintenance which is why no hotfixes will be provided for ActiveReports 14. It is suggested to upgrade to the latest version of ActiveReports i.e. ActiveReports 16 for latest bug fixes and features.

You can download ActiveReports 16 please use the following link:

https://www.grapecity.com/activereportsnet/download

We are working on this issue I’ll get back to you once a fix is available in ActiveReports16.

• Posted 24 August 2022, 11:58 pm EST

Thanks, yes please let me know.

Martin

• Posted 1 November 2022, 3:23 pm EST

Hi Martin,

I am glad to let you know that we have fixed this issue in ActiveReports 16.2.1.

You should be able to export the report to PDF without any issues.

Please refer to the attached sample.

You may use the following link to download ActiveReports 16.2.1:

https://cdn.grapecity.com/ActiveReports/ar16/ActiveReports-v16.2.1.msi

After installation you can upgrade your application by using the upgrade tool:

1. Open the project in Visual Studio 2019/2022.
    2. Go to Tools>Convert To ActiveReports 16.

This will automatically upgrade all the references to ActiveReports 16.2.1 automatically.

Regards,

Akshay

Invalid License Issue.zip

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels