AR15.1 - RichTextBox.Multiline is obsolete

Posted by: mlk20 on 1 June 2021, 10:32 pm EST

• Posted 1 June 2021, 10:32 pm EST

Hi,

During migration of the project to AR 15.1 I encountered:

‘RichTextBox.Multiline’ is obsolete: ‘This property works only with legacy RTF implementation and can be removed in future.’

I don’t find it described in:

https://www.grapecity.com/activereportsnet/docs/v15/online/breaking-changes.html

1. What does this error mean?
    2. Can I still use this property? Is it still fully supported in AR 15.1?
    3. Should I replace it with some other property?

Thank you.

• Posted 2 June 2021, 4:05 am EST

Hello,

RichTextBox does not support RTF in the Cross Platform. So these property does not work in Cross Platform mode. You have to set the CompatibilityMode of SectionReport to GDI to make these property work. Hence, these property only works in Windows environment.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 15 June 2021, 7:16 pm EST

Hi,

I don’t use “Cross Platform mode”. I use default value of SectionReport.CompatibilityMode which is GDI.

I simply create C# solution for .NET Framework 4.6.2 and add lines like:

GrapeCity.ActiveReports.SectionReportModel.RichTextBox resultCtrlTyped = new GrapeCity.ActiveReports.SectionReportModel.RichTextBox();

resultCtrlTyped.Multiline = …

resultCtrlTyped.SelectedText = …

resultCtrlTyped.SelectionAlignment …

resultCtrlTyped.SelectionBackColor = …

resultCtrlTyped.SelectionBullet = …

resultCtrlTyped.SelectionCharOffset = …

[etc…]

All these properties (and much more) are marked as obsolete/deprecated.

My project is configured to treat warnings as errors and thus my project does not compile.

I may of course reconfigure the solution so these warnings are not treated as errors but…

Nevertheless, RTF is an old standard, it is still out there in the software and WILL NOT disappear from the market within a few years.

What are your plans in supporting RTF for both Windows and non-Windows platforms?

Thank you.

• Posted 15 June 2021, 8:19 pm EST

Hello,

Currently, it is only planned to support in GDI mode only. I will update you when there is planned to support RTF in Cross Platform.

Thanks,

Mohit

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels