BC30560: 'WebViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web'

Posted by: chartierpw on 14 September 2017, 10:18 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 14 September 2017, 10:18 am EST

[activereports_archive]Now I’m getting this at run time:

BC30560: ‘WebViewer’ is ambiguous in the namespace ‘GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web’.

There are no errors in the designer, I deleted a lot of duplicate assembly entries in web.config and the project compiles and runs fine until I try to run a report. I cleaned and rebuilt the project, closed and reopened Visual Studios, cleaned and rebuilt again. This is VERY frustrating!

Anyone?

R/

Prescott …[/activereports_archive]

• Posted 14 September 2017, 10:18 am EST

[activereports_archive]And again I fix my own error. Turned out that there were older versions of the Grape City AR dll’s in the bin directory and apparently the project was trying to resolve the webviewer with those. I deleted them and project now works as expected.

Hope this saves someone some pain.

R/

Prescott …[/activereports_archive]

• Posted 14 September 2017, 10:18 am EST

[activereports_archive]Hello Prescott,

Thank you for informing that you were able to resolve the issue and for sharing the solution for other customers.

Just for information, as you have already seen, the error “ActiveReportsWeb:WebViewer’ is ambiguous” generally occurs when there are multiple versions of same dll existing in your project. And you may get rid of this error by removing the incorrect dlls (older version) from your project’s references, rebuilding your project and deleting the bin and obj folders of the application.

Let me know if you are facing any other issues.

Regards

Ruchir Agarwal[/activereports_archive]

• Posted 10 February 2022, 2:28 am EST

I am getting the below error…

I created a brand new project and simply added the spreadsheet to the body of the page. Recompiled the project successfully. There are no duplicate FarPoint dll’s or older versions.

Please help… I tried everything I can think of.

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: ‘CommandBarInfo’ is ambiguous in the namespace ‘FarPoint.Web.Spread’.

Source Error:

Line 159:

Line 160: <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()> _

Line 161: Private Sub __BuildControl__control7(ByVal __ctrl As

FarPoint.Web.Spread.CommandBarInfo)

Line 162:

Line 163: #ExternalSource(“C:\WebFormProject\WebFormClone\TestForm.aspx”,14)

Source File: C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\309160db\5b42bc40\App_Web_testform.aspx.cdcab7d2.70q-urxf.0.vb Line: 161

• Posted 13 February 2022, 9:15 pm EST

Hi Frank,

We are sorry but we are unable to replicate the issue at our end. But the possible reason might be related to the GAC. Please try to clear the GAC and then rebuild the project.

Also, if the issue persists, please share the demo sample with us so that we may replicate the issue at our end and assist you accordingly.

PS: From the next time, please SPREAD related query on the following forum from the concerned engineer at the regular time.

https://www.grapecity.com/forums/spread-webforms

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels