Changes for 15.1?

Posted by: mike on 3 May 2021, 12:45 am EST

• Posted 3 May 2021, 12:45 am EST

I don’t see a post here for the list of changes for v15.1, where can I find those changes?

Thanks,

-Mike

• Posted 3 May 2021, 3:38 pm EST

Hello,

You can refer to the following link for new feature in AR15.1

https://www.grapecity.com/blogs/activereports-15-1-release

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 3 May 2021, 9:57 pm EST

Thanks, I missed that. I usually come to the forums for the changelogs.

I really wish each release contained a proper changelog. In the past, it seems like we get changelogs for service packs, but just a marketing-focused “what’s new” page for major updates. This change for 15.1, having just a blog post and not a proper change log, is a step in the wrong direction in my mind.

Perhaps there is a more technical changelog for each update, and I just haven’t discovered it?

Also, when it comes to the plethora of Nuget packages, everything is marked as release/stable and nothing as prerelease. I’d like to try newer hotfix builds to see if it addresses any issues I’m having, but I can’t find out what has changed due to a lack of changelogs.

I write a heavily regulated piece of medical software, and we unfortunately can’t update on a whim as there has to be a complex series of documentation and validation for every minor update of 3rd-party software we use.

While the “What’s New” blog posts are appreciated (someone obviously puts a lot of thought and work into it each time), please don’t forgo a technical changelog.

Thanks for listening,

Mike

• Posted 4 May 2021, 12:34 am EST

Mike’s comments times 10. We really need a tech release of what’s changed.

• Posted 4 May 2021, 3:36 am EST

Hello,

Here’s list of customer issues which have been fixed in the AR15.1:

Watermark of report overlapped by RichTextBox when RTFRendering is set to MetaFile

Not Found error occur when Raw HTML is used in WebViewer and WebForm is placed in the SubFolder

Request to please provide a way to open the Chart Wizard and Chart Customize dialog

Text of RichTextBox is trimmed at the end of the page when RTFRendering is set to “MetaFile”

Question regarding the css file of JSViewer

Error on using parameter value in table group header or footer

Traces generated when report is generated in the console app

Report stucked on open modal dialog

BlankReport is appeared in the Viewer on loading the MasterReport through the ResourceLocator

Feedback regarding @grapecity/ar-viewer npm package

Exception occur on setting RtfRenderingType to ‘MetaFile’ when form contains the both SectionReport’s RichTextBox and MS RichTextBox

Missing text when printing multiple section reportsParameter with default datetime value shows not correctly in JSViewer

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 4 May 2021, 3:38 am EST

Thanks Mohit.

It would be helpful if there was a place we could go consistently to see the fixes - something to suggest to the group?

• Posted 6 May 2021, 5:19 am EST

Hello,

Currently, there is no plan for something like that. However, if you need any information related fixes, please open a case for the same. We will definitely provide the information.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 12 May 2021, 5:28 am EST

Can you tell us what is in HotFix1 and HotFix2? 15.1.1.0 and 15.1.2.0 respectively?

Thanks,

-Mike

• Posted 13 May 2021, 5:07 am EST

Hello,

AR15 SP1: Hotfix 1:

The content of the first RTB is replaced by the second RTB after page break when RtfRenderingType is Not RTF DONE

RTB text very small when renderRTFAsContinuousImage=False

AR15 SP1: Hotfix 2:

An error is being shown when trying to use custom data provider in the Web Designer

Converting the sample to the Active reports 15 is completing with errors

Performance downgrade between in AR15 and AR10

ReplaceField property of the RichTextBox does not work in Code Based SectionReport

Thanks,

Mohit

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels