Posted 11 July 2022, 2:44 am ESTWe had to go back to AR11 from AR16 due to the slow printing that is a known issue in AR16.
Steps I did:
1. Removed AR16 from Control Panel/Programs
2. Changed my solution to reference the AR11 DLL and not the AR16 DLL.
3. Went from .NET 4.8 to .NET 4.6.2 (since AR11 works up to 4.8)
Two issues we have discovered so far.
1. Some images saved when running on AR16 do not pull up correctly when on AR11 (some are fine, some are missing lines). We read the saved RDF from a SQL table and display it.
2. The reports run fine (and fast to a printer), but we can't save it to an XLS on some systems.
Dim xls As New GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Excel.Section.XlsExport
xls.FileFormat = GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Excel.Section.FileFormat.Xlsx
the line that is crashing the system is the xls.Export(in_myDoc, in_file).
the event viewer is showing it is an appcrash (this is .NET4.8, but same occurs for all .NET):
Faulting application name: Menu.exe, version: 4.2207.8.11, time stamp: 0x62cc4368
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4515.0, time stamp: 0x624cf48c
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0004d4f6
Faulting process id: 0x1b88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8953ca7899396
Faulting application path: C:\pgm\Menu.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 0456d867-15e5-4372-a8f1-beddfc1a6390
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: