I can not upgrade to 15.0.6 via NuGet

Posted by: michael.zhong on 30 March 2021, 8:19 pm EST

• Posted 30 March 2021, 8:19 pm EST

I use AR 15.0.2 now, but when I upgrade to 15.0.6 via NuGet, we got the error message what said we no license for 15.0.6. What can we do? Thanks.
  • Marked as Answer

Replied 31 March 2021, 2:41 pm EST

Hello,

I think you have upgraded the "Grapecity.Document.*" related package also. Version 4.* of "Grapecity.Document.*" is not compatible with AR15 that's why you are receiving the error message.

Please update the ActiveReports related package only not the dependency packages. Actually, the latest version of the dependency packages is not compatible with ActiveReports current version that's why we don't suggest to upgrade them manually.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,
    Mohit
  • Replied 31 March 2021, 4:28 pm EST

Thanks, fixed.
  • Replied 7 April 2021, 5:29 am EST

Mohit,

I wanted to clarify the statement you made below please. If we install 15.0.2 and start a new project, it will grab particular NuGet packages.

Are you saying we should not upgrade any (emphasis on any) of the NuGet packages to get the latest fixes? What is the best practice for updating NuGet packages please?

Thank you.

mohitg said:
    Hello,

I think you have upgraded the "Grapecity.Document.*" related package also. Version 4.* of "Grapecity.Document.*" is not compatible with AR15 that's why you are receiving the error message.

Please update the ActiveReports related package only not the dependency packages. Actually, the latest version of the dependency packages is not compatible with ActiveReports current version that's why we don't suggest to upgrade them manually.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,
    Mohit
  • Replied 7 April 2021, 2:54 pm EST

Hello,

You can update the AR NuGet Packages through the NuGet Manager. However, please don't update dependent NuGet Packages (Like "Grapecity.Document.*") manually. It will be automatically upgrade when you are updating the AR packages.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,
    Mohit
  • Replied 9 April 2021, 5:03 am EST

Very helpful, thank you Mohit.
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels