Error 5800: Scripting Error

Posted by: ravi on 6 December 2019, 5:56 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 6 December 2019, 5:56 am EST - Updated 30 September 2022, 2:24 am EST

We use a third party application and there is no code available. While running the report from the application, I encounter error 5800 as attached. The report template works on all other systems, except one. On the same machine, similar reports works with no issues. Unable to troubleshoot the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

• Posted 8 December 2019, 6:25 pm EST

Hello,

You can face this problem when AntiVirus software is blocking the report’s script code. Please try to reconfigure the antivirus product.

If this does not help, please share your ActiveReports version along with the report file/sample application. In case you cannot share the same over the forum, you can create a new ticket on SupportOne: https://supportone.componentone.com. Please login using the credentials you use on this website.

Regards,

Esha

• Posted 9 December 2019, 3:07 am EST

Esha,

I don’t think this is anti-virus issue. The report is designed in version 2 and as I mentioned, similar reports on the same machine work and I encounter error only on one template. Nothing has been changed in the report and it was all fine until last week.

• Posted 9 December 2019, 9:57 pm EST

Hello,

Sorry, but I cannot comment on the issue as AR 2 is obsolete and we do not provide support for the same now.

Thanks,

Esha

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels