Internal Error 5000 CP Internal = 103005

Posted by: pw-delta on 4 August 2017, 5:11 am EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 5:11 am EST

This error is occurring on only two user workstations. One workstation is running Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and the other is running Windows 2000 Workstation.

Active Reports 1.2.0 is envoked within a VB6 application developed on a Windows 2000 Workstation. Data is accessed via ADO data control using OLE DB provider MSADORA.

Any thoughts?

Like you've noticed, this error is normally data related. I would start by making sure both these machines have proper permissions to the database and there is data being returned. If this is not the case, start by checking the version of MDAC on your development machine. Make sure that version is available on the client machines. Also check to make sure the DLLs are registered.

brandon. -DD

Database connectivity is established by using the same login ID at every workstation. Therefore, permission is the same on all work stations.

The same report is successful when processed from another workstation. There is data for this specific report.

The DLL is registered. MDAC 2.5 is installed on all WIN NT Workstations running this report.

Any other ideas?

If you've checked all the aforementioned points, please create a test application with the same data connection and query. Use that application to determine if there's a problem with the data.

brandon. -DD

Have you used the same data connection outside of ActiveReports? This way we can narrow it down to see where the issue is located.

brandon. -DD

I think we just figured out what is going on. We ran into a situation where the server could run reports but the workstation could not.  A lot of our reports have vb script embedded in them. 

We REMOVED, not shut down the virus scanner from the machine where we got the error and the report started working. 

The virus scanner is Kaspersky Anti-Virus. 

Hello, I work at a software company which uses Active-Reports to create accounting reports. Recently, one of our customers called us and told us that he is getting the “internal error 103005” on one of our reports. (We have about 100 Active-Reports and he is only getting it on one report). This is our most complex report.

Well, I tried a troubleshooting this problem and I was able to change the report a bit to get it to print a single page. (I moved groupings around so that I could turn the print-at-bottom footer option to false. I was getting the error with the print-at-bottom option set to true). Still, the customer was still getting the error when he tried to print several pages (in what we call “batch printing”).

I found this support item, and noticed he has the “Kaspersky” anti-virus program.

I told him about this topic. He followed the instructions above and removed his anti-virus program. Now he says he no longer gets the error. Still, he does not like the idea that he paid $1000 for several licenses of his anti-virus software and now he cannot use it ?

Why does Active-Reports have this conflict with the Kaspersky anti-virus software?

I have slowly undeveloped the particular report that he is having problems with. This report is our most complex report. I took the report and commented out ALL the code. All I do is load the report into the reportviewer. And I still get the error. So in my case, this error has nothing to do with the data or the database connection.

I have spent about ten hours on this issue and it seems to be problem with the report program itself trying to go to the next page.

He has told me that he has tried several of the Kaspersky settings, and he was not able to change any that make the report run.

Can anyone help me?

This is happening on xp and 200 machines with the latest service packs. I installed the latest build of ac2. And the latest update of kaspersky anti-virus.

103005 does not always indicate problems with running scripts with the report like the aforementioned post. Normally this error reflects problems with executing a subreport or getting data for the report or subreport. Make sure the report has full permissions to the data and the expected data is being returned from the data source. Also make sure the compiled version of MDAC is the same as the distributed versions on you client machines. Check to see if you’ve installed our latest build.

This same report runs fine on thousands of other client machines with our other customers. It is just this one customer who is running – Kaspersky antivirus – it is generating this error. And the error only occurs on their machines that have the Kaspersky antivirus installed.

The error is defintely not data or database related. I can generate the error without even accessing anything related to a datasource or data connection. It has to do with the physical construction of the report itself.

I did install the latest version of active-reports and I did still receive the errror.

Do you think you use shared controls with Kaspersky? Shared dlls? Where can I find infomation about what Windows resources the Active-Reports control & ReportViewer need to access? Maybe Kaspersky is not letting Active-Reports have access to those Windows resources.

My only solution now is to tell the customer that Active-Reports does not work properly with Kaspersky anti-virus. I would prefer to do some investigating if possible.

Thanks.

I was unaware that this affected only the machine with Kaspersky AV installed. In that case, make sure Kaspersky isn’t blocking the VBScript inside the ActiveReport. We make a call to the Windows Scripting Host to run any script included with the report. I don;t know if you can configure Kaspersky to ignore Windows Script run by your executable or the WSH but it’s worth looking into.

Thanks.

I sent our customer your response. I will keep you informed if we find a resolution. !dC?&?rƒ

Kyle4man wrote:
    I think we just figured out what is going on. We ran into a situation where the server could run reports but the workstation could not.  A lot of our reports have vb script embedded in them. 

We REMOVED, not shut down the virus scanner from the machine where we got the error and the report started working. 

The virus scanner is Kaspersky Anti-Virus. 

Thanks!  I had the same problem and can't find the solution.  I uninstalled Kaspersky Anti-Virus and it works perfectly!

BTW, works great with NOD32 Antivirus.

It appears this error occurs also when other virus scanners are installed, such as Symantec’s AntiVirus.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels