AR6 6.3.4797.0 in Visual Studio 2017

Posted by: beppesalvaderi on 4 February 2018, 1:18 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 4 February 2018, 1:18 am EST

Good morning,

in Visual Studio 2017 Community, the ViewReportExplorer button does not appear in the report drawing window. So I can not change the properties of the report.

How can I access the properties of the report?

On the same computer (Win 10 Pro) with Visual Studio 2005 the button appears and works.

Thank you very much.

Beppe

• Posted 4 February 2018, 3:38 pm EST

Hello,

Sorry to mention that AR6 does not support VS2017. Support of VS2017 has introduced after AR11 SP2. You need to upgrade to AR11 SP2 or higher version to use AR with VS2017.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 4 February 2018, 9:10 pm EST

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I find information (how much does it cost?) on updating my AR6 license to AR11?

Best regards.

Beppe

• Posted 4 February 2018, 9:37 pm EST

Hello,

In my opinion, you should upgrade to AR12 instead of AR11 for more new features and bug fixes. You can contact our sales team(us.sales@grapecity.com) for purchase related queries.

Thanks,

Mohit

• Posted 7 February 2018, 2:56 am EST

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for the info.

One last question: can AR6 reports made with VS2005 be automatically converted to VS2017 / AR12?

Thanks again.

Beppe

• Posted 7 February 2018, 3:48 pm EST

Hello,

Unfortunately, AR6 cannot directly convert to AR12. However, you can convert the Ar6 application to AR12 using our following documentation links.

http://help.grapecity.com/activereports/webhelp/AR12/webframe.html#MigratingAssemblyReference.html

http://help.grapecity.com/activereports/webhelp/AR12/webframe.html#MigratingVer6.html

Also, if there any issue occurs during migration, we are here to help you.

Thanks,

Mohit

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels