input pro 2.1.10 on x64 machine

Posted by: norbertbiermayr on 3 August 2017, 3:33 am EST

• Posted 3 August 2017, 3:33 am EST

I'm using InputPro 2.1.10 for years on a 32-Bit-machine. Now I had to move to a 64-Bit machine. The Setup for Input Pro 2.1.10 and  2.1.0 do not run on this machine.

First question: Is it possible to get a setup for 2.0 and 2.1.10 for 64-bit-maschine? And if, how?

Second question:The latest version of IP 3.??? is ok for 64-machine? How much work is it, to change a VB-6Project with many IP-controls to the latest version of IP?

Looking forward to answers.

Norbert Biermayr

• Replied 3 August 2017, 3:33 am EST

Hello,

InputPro is not under maintenance anymore. But I would like to tell you that you should be able to install InputPro 3 on a 64 bit machine. It gets installed under ProgramFile(x86). I do not think there are much differences between InputPro2 and InputPro3 so you should not face much problem upgrading your project.

Latest build for InputPro is 3.0.38 which you can download from:

ftp://ftp.fpoint.com/InputPro/ip061499.zip

Thanks,

Thank you for your quick answer. I have downloaded the file, but I can't run the setup. There is a messagebox which tells me to check because of 32 or 64 bit version!

I this downloaded Version of IP installable on a x64 machine?

Hello,

Please download this setup and let me know if this works for you. Please run the installation as administrator.

ftp://ftp.fpoint.com/Input3/ip3039.zip

Thanks,

I find myself in the same situation as some other users. I created several applications with VB6 and Input Pro Controls many years ago and now one of these customers want an update. I have moved from XP and installed vb6 on Win 7 butthe Input Pro will not install on the 64 bit system. Is there still a version I can download that will work on Windows 7 64 bit?
  • Replied 22 January 2019, 1:31 am EST

I too am in this position. Is there any chance I could have access to the ftp site above to get the file mentioned - or another way to get it.
    Many thanks
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels