Visual Studio 2022

Posted by: mwebster on 8 November 2021, 5:10 am EST

• Posted 8 November 2021, 5:10 am EST

Now that Visual Studio 2022 has been released, I downloaded and installed it. My Winforms (.NET Framework 4.8.2) projects with ComponentOne controls all work fine, however, the controls do not appear in the Toolbox. Is there currently any way to populate the toolbox in Visual Studio 2022 short of manually selecting all the controls? Is there an update close to being released that will do the trick?
  • Marked as Answer

Replied 8 November 2021, 8:23 pm EST

Hi,

Please try doing a repair install and let us know if you are still unable to see the toolbox entries. If you still face the issue then, as you suggested, you will need to manually add the controls for now.
    The 21v3 release will be out in a couple of weeks and contains fixes for toolbox issues with VisualStudio 2022.

Regards
    Avnish
  • Replied 8 November 2021, 11:40 pm EST

I did actually try repairing and it did not do the trick. Looking forward to the upcoming release.
  • Replied 10 November 2021, 2:50 am EST

Hi all,
    I have the same situation: I can load my project into VS2022. I can build Debug and Release versions (Any CPU). The debugger runs, stops at any breakpoints.

However if I double click on any form (open the form in designer) then I get the a lot of error messages, like "Unable to cast C1.Win.C2InputPanel to type System.Windows.Forms.Control" or "Could not load or find C1.Win.4.dll". This is the 64-bit issue? VS2022 is a 64-bit app and I guess the C1 Controls (4.0, 4.5) are 32-bit DLLs?

When I get the hated yellow error list (instead my forms) and I click "Ignore and Continue" link in top of the window then the form simply opens in the designer and I can edit it. But I have to do this with every forms in the project. I have not more than 150 forms?

Any better solution for this problem?
    Best regards,
    Louis
  • Replied 10 November 2021, 3:17 am EST

Correction: Clicking on "Ignore and Continue" not always works. But, if it does not work then I lose 50% of the controls or get empty forms. Do not do this trick. It is not safe. I wonder whether ComponentOne had ever tested own sample WinForms apps with VS 2022...
    Louis
  • Replied 10 November 2021, 4:28 am EST

• Replied 14 November 2021, 3:44 pm EST

Hi,

We could see the issue with the NET4 samples at our end. We have reported it to the dev team and will let you know as soon as we have an update.

Regards
    Avnish

[Internal Tracking ID: C1WIN-26094]
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels