Replied 30 June 2022, 8:20 pm EST
There is no update tool available to directly upgrade the projects to the latest version. Since the version you are upgrading from is not very old, you can easily upgrade to the latest version by following some simple steps and using some automated tools to speed up your process.Updating the licenses.licx file:
1. You can easily update the licenses.licx file to make it non-version specific. This way, it would not require any changes if you upgrade from one version to another in the future.
2. You can go to Visual Studio > Tools > GrapeCity > Update Projects > Make ComponentOne references non-version specific
3. Then you can select the project and click on the Update
Now the licenses.licx file is updated to be non-version specific. You will see that the Version, Culture, and PublicKeyToken attributes are removed from the entries of the licesnses.licx file.Updating the References:
There are two ways for updating the references in your project. The first one is by installing the latest version of C1 Controls in your system (using C1 Control Panel) and the second would be to directly update the NuGet packages in your project (using the NuGet package manager).
1. When using the first method (using C1 Control Panel)
After installing the latest version in your machine (including the build machines), you can set the Specific Version property of all the C1 DLL References in your project to false.
Doing this will make the Visual Studio automatically pick the latest available version of C1 DLLs in your system. This way you need not manually remove and re-add all the C1 DLL references from your project even after you update the C1 controls installed in your system.
Also, if you use the option Make ComponentOne references non-version specific from the above licenses.licx update part, the Specific Version property will automatically be set to false for all the C1 references.
2. When using the second method (NuGet)
You will have the ease of updating your C1 references altogether by using the NuGet package manager. Also, you will not need to explicitly install the latest versions in your development machine as well as the build machine.
Hope this helps :)