Spread 8 issues exporting to excel 365

Posted by: abrahampetit on 27 January 2020, 5:53 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 27 January 2020, 5:53 am EST

Hi,

I’m using Excel 365 version 1912. On this version and on previous ones I have noticed a bad behavior when exporting a FP Spread8 grid, specifically using the method .SaveExcel2007File(). For example I set calibri 9 (Could be Arial too) to my spread, but when exporting excel shows calibri 14, and not only that, Excel shows the data locked and I cannot change font size or anything, rows and cols in excel are locked too and I cannot set even its col with.

This situation does not happen with the method .ExportToExcel(), which behaves fine, but this one does not export formatting.

Is there some property Im missing?

This is my VB6 code:

Function SpreadExportaAExcel(ByRef VieneSpread As fpSpread, ByRef FileName As String) As Boolean

SpreadExportaAExcel = False

If MsgBox(“Do you want to export to Excel?”, vbQuestion + vbYesNoCancel) = vbYes Then

On Error Resume Next

FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.CancelError = True
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.InitDir = ElEstudio.Dir_Personal
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.FilterIndex = 1
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.Filter = Msg_Res(1146) & " (*.xls)|*.xls|" & Msg_Res(1147) & " (*.xlsx)|*.xlsx"
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.Flags = &H4&
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.Flags = &H2&
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.FileName = FileName

FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.DialogTitle = "Export to Excel"
    FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.ShowSave

Dim GuardoExcel As Boolean
    Dim ExtensionDeExcel  As String

GuardoExcel = False
    ExtensionDeExcel = UCase$(right$(FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.FileName, 3))

Select Case ExtensionDeExcel
        Case "XLS"
            GuardoExcel = VieneSpread.ExportToExcel(FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.FileName, ElTiempo(tiempo_Sel).Dsc, ElEstudio.Dir_Tmp & "LOGFILE.TXT")
        Case "LSX"
            GuardoExcel = VieneSpread.SaveExcel2007File(FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.FileName, vbNullString, None, ElEstudio.Dir_Tmp & "LOGFILE.TXT")
        Case Else ' 10 04 2015 ya
            Exit Function
    End Select

If GuardoExcel = True Then
        Call Utilitario_EjecutaShellDeArchivo(FrmAyuda.CmDialog1.FileName)
        SpreadExportaAExcel = True
    Else
        Call MsgBox("Error", vbExclamation)
    End If

End If

End Function

• Posted 30 January 2020, 3:09 pm EST

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details. I could partially replicate the issue at my end. I could observe the locking issue in the exported excel file. However, the font size remains same as in the Spread. Please find the exported excel file and the sample application attached.

Can you please share a small stripped down application demonstrating the font related problem at your end along with the exported excel file? This would help me in investigating further on the issue.

~Pragati

• Posted 30 January 2020, 5:26 pm EST

Files attached.

Sample.zip

ExcelFile.zip

• Posted 1 March 2022, 9:16 pm EST

Symptoms

Access encounters Import/Export errors when working with Excel *.xls files that have cells, which contain more than 8224 bytes of data.

Cause

Changes that were released beginning with Access 2010 Service Pack 1 prevent Access from opening an existing Excel *.xls file if the contents of a cell are greater than 8224 bytes.

Resolution

You may use one of the following methods to prevent the issue.

-Use the *.xlsx format instead

-Restrict any memo/long text fields to a length less than 8224 bytes

-When exporting, delete the existing .xls file before performing the export using the same file name

-Open the .xls file in Excel before performing the Import/Export from Access

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels