SPREAD8's "OpenExcel2007File" for Excel 365 XLSX files

Posted by: abrahampetit on 29 July 2021, 9:16 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 29 July 2021, 9:16 am EST

Hi,

Im trying to open an Excel 365 XLSX file with SPREAD8’s “OpenExcel2007File” on a Windows 10, but I get “false”, I have to mention that I used to do it fine with previous versions of Excel, but with the latest version, I just get a FALSE and no LogFile whatsoever.

My question is, does the method “OpenExcel2007File” supports Excel 365 files on Windows 10? Have you ever test it?

Can you test importing the attached file at your End? , please check ZIP attached

Im using VB6 + SPREAD8 + WINDOWS 10.

Thanks!

• Posted 16 September 2021, 11:57 pm EST

Hello,

We are discussing your issue with our developers, we will get back to you soon on the same.

Tracking id for your issue is #SPCOM-8

Thanks,

Reeva

• Posted 19 September 2021, 6:26 pm EST

Hello,

Our developers looked into the issue and said it should work fine to import files created with the latest MS Office 365 Excel version using Spread COM 8, or to save files as XLSX and load those files into MS Office 365 Excel versions. If you are having a problem loading or saving such a file, then we would look into that problem as a bug.

Please note that the import and export of XLSX files using Spread COM requires .NET 2.0 Framework and setup and registering of the required DLL on the client machine, as described in the redistribution section of the readme here:

https://help.grapecity.com/spread/Spread_COM_ReadMe/webframe.html#redistribution.html

If the required DLL can’t be loaded in run-time, then the OpenExcel2007File method or SaveExcel2007File method simply fails gracefully and returns false.

Hope it clarifies and let us know if you have any more doubts.

Thanks,

Reeva

• Posted 26 September 2021, 6:37 am EST

Yes it works! Thank you!

The problem is corrected by downloading the .dot framework 2.0 from

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/details.aspx?id=16614

Then restart the PC

And old spread import huge files as charming!

Thank you very much!

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels